Greener Grass
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Tracie Miles and Renee Swope

I have a basket on my kitchen table filled with greenery. And there’s a bird in my back yard determined to get to it. Hi I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. That bird spends day after day banging his beak against my window trying to get in. Has he not noticed the beautiful bushes and trees behind him? Is he so intent on getting what he can’t have, that he’s forgotten what he does have?

Just like that bird, sometimes I think the grass is greener in people’s lives. One of my favorite verses in the Bible about contentment was written by a man name Paul. Paul had been rich and he’d been poor. He learned the secret to contentment by being thankful all the time. He said, “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for what He’s already given you.” Sounds like a good plan to me. Now if I can just explain it to that bird! For more ways to find contentment, visit proverbs31.org

Related Resources:

Wanting What I Have Devotion by Renee Swope

Searching for God’s Treasures Women’s Conference CD set by Renee Swope


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits