Does Anyone Notice Me? Part 1
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

Do you ever feel like no one notices you? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. As a little girl I desperately wanted my father to notice me, but he never did which still causes me to struggle sometimes.

Fast-forward 30 years to last Thanksgiving. My husband took our sons on a missions’ trip, leaving us girls to celebrate alone. We decided to surprise the men by having the Christmas decorations up when they returned. I thought my husband would be delighted, but to my disappointment he never even noticed. I was deeply hurt.

I’ve found that when I’m feeling invisible, remembering that I’m not just the child of a broken parent or the wife of a sometimes un-noticing husband – but the child of a loving Heavenly Father affirms my worth. What about you? Did you know that God notices what you do and appreciates you?! For more encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

The Bathtub is Overflowing, but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst

Beloved Devotion by Rachel Olsen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits