Does Anyone Notice Me? Part 2
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

Do you long to be acknowledged and affirmed? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I grew up with a father who was broken and deeply hurting. He rejected me as a child, which led me on a journey of understanding what it means to be loved and affirmed by God. For a long time I put unrealistic expectations on my husband to meet this desire and make me feel valued. Through my struggles I learned that holding on to the hurt from years of rejection gave me the opposite of what I wanted. Instead of fulfillment, I became needier. Those closest to me pulled away because it was simply exhausting for them to try to meet my needs when I constantly told them it wasn’t enough. For me, it was exhausting to try to prove my worthiness. I never felt good enough.

If you battle these same feelings, take those struggles to God today. He not only notices you, He loves you deeply! For more encouragement, visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

The Bathtub is Overflowing, but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst

The God Who Sees Devotion by Wendy Pope


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits