Try Something New
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

You know I’m always telling my kids to be willing to try new things. But, maybe I need to be a little more open myself! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Recently I spent a weekend with some friends who are on this crazy kick of eating only all-natural, healthy food. When we woke up the first morning, they informed me that we would not be drinking coffee; we would be drinking hot herbal tea. My caffeine-addicted body screamed – what?

I was searching for danishes and donuts when they announced we’d be eating poached eggs. I’d never eaten one of those! And in case you don’t know what that is - basically it’s a steamed egg. I wrinkled my nose and voiced my complaints but then I heard my own mommy voice say, “Don’t be afraid to try something new. “

And you know what; I’m now an official fan of poached eggs! But, I have to say I still enjoy my morning cup of coffee!

For more encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Connect with Renee on her Blog and on Facebook

Order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.”

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits