Wise Words
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I’ll never forget the day my husband told me that we’d lost most of our savings in a bad investment. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

There were many different ways my reaction could have gone in the minutes that followed. But I’m so thankful the Lord had been preparing my heart for this very moment. And instead of reacting immediately with what would have been a disastrous response, I paused.

Because of God’s spirit working in me I was able to wrap my arms around my husband and offer life giving words into his weary heart. I said to him, “I love you Art. I loved you yesterday when we had everything and I love you today when we have nothing.”

Oh I know this can be hard – trust me I do! But I also know when we immerse ourselves in getting to know God, we can have reactions that honor Him and breathe life into relationships. For more encouragement visit Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Capture His Heart by Lysa TerKeurst

Capture Her Heart by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits