The Plastic Knife
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope with Sylvia Basham

Have you ever cut brownies with a table knife and made a mess out of them? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I recently learned of a new way to cut brownies, and keep them in tact, while they're still warm. And you can have nice squares of chocolate with smooth edges too - when you cut them with a plastic knife.

Now that I know plastic knives have a special ability to cut warm brownies, I use them specifically for that purpose. I don't try to cut cardboard, steak, or wood with them. That’d be misusing their giftedness.

You know, God created us with unique abilities, too. But it’s so easy to compare ourselves to other women and wish we had their abilities! That’s when I misuse my gifts and try something I’m not cut out to do. And just like cutting using the wrong brownie knife, I end up with a mess.

So, instead of trying to be something I’m not, I’m learning to be content with the abilities God’s given me! For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

Connect with Renee on her Website and Facebook

Pre-order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31

Link


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits