The Right Spouse

Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Recently, I had dinner with a 29 year-old friend who would love to be married. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.


I shared with my friend that when I was single I thought marriage was all about finding the right partner. I think it’s good to have a list of standards that you look for in a spouse. However, it can never be with the expectation that if I find that special someone, they’ll right all my wrongs and fill up all my insecurities.

To expect another person to make me feel happy, secure, and fulfilled will leave me disappointed at best and disillusioned at worst. Even a great spouse makes a very poor God.

Instead of just focusing on finding the right partner, let God work on your heart to help you become the right partner. For more click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Capture His Heart
by Lysa TerKeurst

Capture Her Heart by Lysa TerKeurst



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits