A Heart More Beautiful

Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Sharon Sloan and Renee Swope

My friend, Sharon, was recently hurt by someone else’s harsh words. The criticism didn’t make any sense! Hi, I'm Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Sharon didn’t understand what was happening, so she asked God to help her.

That afternoon while she was fixing snacks, Sharon’s daughter brought her a paper heart that had scissor cuts all through it. Sharon wondered why she’d made it that way. Her daughter said, “Mommy, I made this heart for you. I put cuts in it because I thought it would be more beautiful that way.”

Sharon felt God whisper to her heart, “I’m making your heart more beautiful through the cuts and wounds I’ve allowed you to experience. Be still, be quiet and wait on me.”

Isn’t it amazing how a child’s perspective can reveal God’s love to a hurting mom? If you’ve got a story to share, we’d love to hear it. Post a comment on our radio blog. You can find it by clicking on Radio Ministry at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Renee on her
Blog
and Facebook

Check out our Resources at P31

Find more free encouragement on our Everyday Life page



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits