The Job Application

Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

We’ve got to talk about the tough stuff with our kids. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Several years ago I was reviewing my son’s job application. I carefully examined each blank - name, date of birth, address, - and then I saw an answer that made me giggle.

Beside the blank asking his sex, he simply wrote, “no.”

My giggles quickly gave way to a sigh of relief. Oh how I want each of my kids to stay pure. I see them growing into ages when I made some poor decisions. During my college years I based every decision on temporary happiness. And it was a powerful lure.


I think about this often as I pray for my kids. And I keep talking to them, especially about the tough stuff, so I can keep speaking truth into their hearts. For more, visit Proverbs31.org.


Related Resources

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

Am I Messing Up My Kids? by Lysa TerKeurst



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits