Off Kilter Days

Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Yesterday was one of those off kilter days for me and my family. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I was just plain frustrated. Several things I’d asked the kids to do around the house were either done half-heartedly or not at all.

My natural response in these situations… well… let’s just say isn’t always positive. But even when everything in me wants to scream, I’ve learned that never makes things better. I can choose the way of ‘it’s my right to be frustrated’… Or I can choose to let God teach me His way.

His way leads to calmly finding a solution without all of the anger and frustration. His way leads me to be able to creatively teach my kids instead of emotionally escalating. And the best part about His way? Instead of feeling guilty about my reactions, it leaves me feeling empowered and encouraged. It’s not easy being a mom, so if you’d like more motherhood encouragement and practical help, visit Proverbs31Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

Visit Lysa’s Blog

P31 Woman Magazine

The Mother I Want to be, a free devotion by Glynnis Whitwer

She’s Gonna Blow! Real Help for Dealing with Mom Anger by Julie Ann Barnhill

Pop Goes the Weasel, a free devotion by Susanne Scheppman



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits