Embracing our Differences

Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Do you ever wonder why your teenager acts the way they do? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I think I have mistakenly assumed that since my teen daughter is strong willed like I am, that she must be in the process of becoming just like me. So, I have been trying to get her to see life and do life my way for years.

But recently a friend opened my eyes up to the fact that my daughter is designed by God to become her own unique person. And despite my frustrations with how different we are, he chose me to be her mother. As her parent, there are still many life lessons to be taught. But our differences don’t necessarily mean that she is always wrong and I am always right. I’ve learned to step back and ask God to give me the wisdom I need to help shape and mold her into the young woman He intends for her to become. For more mom encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

Visit Lysa’s Blog

The Bathtub is Overflowing, but I Feel Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst

P31 Woman Magazine

Finding Joy in Your Strong Willed Child, free article from Every Day Life



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits