The Sparkle in My Eye
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope and Jill Tracey

Does my child know that sometimes he’s the reason my eyes sparkle? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I was reading an article about parenting and was challenged by this question… do your eyes light up when your child walks into the room? The author talked about how our kids need to know they’re special by the little ways we pay attention to them. It makes them feel secure and confident.

Well, I don’t know if my eyes light up every time one of my sons walks in the room. But, I’ve been trying to make them feel special. Sometimes I’ll surprise them with a take-out lunch in the middle of their school day. Or, I’ll make them their favorite breakfast during the week. Or, I’ll hide an encouraging note in their book bag. I’m also trying to pay close attention to even their small accomplishments. Because to them they’re huge!

Do you have ideas on making kids feel special? I’d love to hear them and share them with other moms, so click on Renee’s blog at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Free Daily Devotion, Raising Good Kids, by Sharon Glasgow

You Are Special by Max Lucado

This script was written by my friend and colleague, Jill Tracey. Find out more about Jill on Facebook or her Blog.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits