Not a Hint of Smoke
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

When I was a kid, the carpet in our basement caught on fire, and filled our whole house with smoke! Boy did it stink! Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. It was so hard to get the smell of smoke out of our clothes and our furniture. We smelled smoke for weeks!

It reminds me of a time in the Bible when three men were thrown into a fiery furnace because they worshipped God instead of the King. God not only saved them from the fire, but when they came out of the furnace they didn’t even smell like smoke!

It makes me think about the fiery trials in my life. When I face hard times, do I come out smelling like smoke from bitterness and anger? Or do I come out smelling like a woman who trusts God? I love that God not only gets me through tough times, but He stays so close that I can come through them without a hint of smoke from some of life’s toughest fires!
For encouragement during difficult times, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related ResourcesConnect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Free EveryDay Life article, A Well Pruned Life, by Erin Bunting

Trials for Today, Treasures for Tomorrow by Janet Eckles


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits