A Recovering Perfectionist
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope and Tasha Via

I don’t know about you but I’m a recovering perfectionist! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. As a perfectionist I tend to think that performing well increases my value which leads to all kinds of crazy behaviors.

My friend Tasha and I were talking about how we try to prove our worth to our husbands. When they get home from work we start spouting off a long list of things we've "accomplished" that day, as if our worth to them is wrapped around what we've achieved. I confessed that I even tell my kids when I do something for them, too.

Tasha shared something she read in the book Character Makeover, by Katie Brazelton and Shelley Leith. It said, “Worth is not something we earn or achieve…We have worth because God created us, redeemed us and loved us."

What a relief. I’m so glad I don’t have to be perfect to earn God’s love – aren’t you?
For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Free Everyday Life article, Overcoming Perfectionism, by Rachel Olsen

The Confident Woman by Anabel Gilham


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits