Looking for Love
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Sometimes when you look for love, you’ll actually find it!

Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I’ll never forget the day I found the love I was looking for!

I’d been struggling with depression for years. One day I was walking around my college campus thinking about my life and wondering why I felt so empty;

I thought about my dreams of marrying my high school sweetheart – dreams that crumbled because I expected him to be everything I needed.

I thought about my professors and friends whose approval I so desperately wanted.

I thought about how hard I’d worked to graduate with honors to prove my worth.

I wondered why none of it was enough. Then God whispered to my heart a thought I’d never had: "Renee, all you’ve ever wanted is unconditional love. But, you’ll never find the love you need in anyone but ME!”

That’s the day I found the love I’d been looking for! To learn more about God’s unconditional love, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Do You Want to Get Well ?, Free devotion by Wendy Blight

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

The Woman I Am Becoming by T. Suzanne Eller


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Renee. It took me a while to find this radio minute. I listen to 89.3 KSBJ in Conroe, TX. I find your daily talk a little too upbeat and well "perfect" sounding. Well, God has been working on my envy problem and I usually listen real well and then say a quick prayer for you and your ministry because it is so helpful. Today was the best, maybe you are so cheerful because for a season you had to deal with depression! Wow! Just this Sunday God told me to start showing myself as a Christain because of my radiating JOY!. Maybe I am going to become a just like you a Provers 31 woman!

Again, bless you and your ministry. I cry as I write this - I am so impressed with Proverbs 31 and have been listening for years, but pride kept me from visiting the website.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits