Eyes on My Master
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Van Walton and Renee Swope

It was time to wake up, but everything in me wanted to go back to sleep! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I rolled over to see what time it was and noticed my dog on the floor – staring at me. Her eyes were on her master.

I knew today was the day I’d have to stop procrastinating and deal with a conflict I’d been avoiding. I didn’t know to approach the problem and dreaded the possible outcome. I started to pull the blanket over my head when I noticed my dog again, focused, with her eyes on her master. I reached down to pet her and marveled at her devotion.

Where were my eyes focused? Not on MY master! I was focused on my problems. Then I remembered these words from the Bible, “My eyes are toward You, O GOD, in You I take refuge.” In that moment I imitated my dog’s devotion by turning my eyes towards my Master, God, so I could start my day focused on Him. For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Eyes on the Master, free devotion by Van Walton

Come Thirsty by Max Lucado

Being Faithful in the Little Things

Connect with Renee on Facebook

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits