An Honest Look
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

What would you think if I said, “Don’t read your Bible every day?” Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I say that not for shock value but to cause us to take an honest look at our time with God. Of course we should read the Bible. We know this. But it’s amazing how I’ll sit down to do this and suddenly a million urgent action items flood my brain. Suddenly it’s so tempting to answer an email, throw in a load of laundry, and start getting my day in order.

A daily battle is being fought for our time and attention. But oh, how we underestimate the power made available to us when we spend time with God. But we shouldn’t dread reading the Bible or do it out of obligation. Even if we just pick one verse to think on and live out each day it will be powerful and effective. For more ideas on growing your relationship with God visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

P31 Magazine

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.proverbs31radio.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits