Remedy for a Stale Prayer Life
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Do you ever feel like your prayer life is kind of stale? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. A few years ago I found myself praying mostly because I felt obligated to do so. And I started to realize most of my prayers seemed to be centered on me and what I wanted God to give me or do for me.

Now, it’s not wrong to ask God for things. But if they set my expectations of God to be getting what I want without taking into consideration His bigger plan…things can get very one sided.

So, I changed my prayers a little. I still ask God for things, but I don’t make this the focus of my prayers. Instead, I spend more time trying to be quiet so I can hear whatever He might have to say. And if I don’t hear Him speaking to my heart, I open up the Bible and ask Him to talk to me through His written words. For more, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

P31 Magazine

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ONLY GOD CAN REVEAL WHAT HE IS LIKE
In one sense, in the Second Commandment God tells mankind:
"don't try to tell Me what I am like. I will tell you what I am like! It is important that you correctly understand that I will accept no representations of ME.
We need a realistic understanding of how we are like GOD in our present state. We also need to know how we are destined to become even more like Him. God gives us creative and leadership abilities that parallel His own, although on a vastly smaller scale. We alone of His material creation have real mind power.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits