Thorns or Flowers?
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Life really isn’t always a bed of roses. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. When I was in middle school my family was falling apart, so I went to live with my aunt for almost a year. I remember her telling me not to run through her rose garden.

I didn’t listen of course and took a running start with my arms stretched out wide only to be shocked with searing pain. Thorns. Big, mean, vicious thorns ripped my flesh and opened up a flood of tears. I looked at my source of pain and wondered if I should call it a bush of thorns or a bush of flowers. It could go either way.

You know, I can look back on my life in pretty much the same way. Would I see the hurt or would I see the beauty? And I guess you could say I've been making that choice everyday since my encounter with the rose garden. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits