Just Let Me Know
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Last week I had dinner with a friend whose husband recently passed away and learned a big lesson. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

My friend’s husband passed after a long illness and when I asked her about some of the lessons she learned through those tough years, she said something that will stick with me forever. “When people are going through hard life circumstances, don’t say ‘If there’s anything you need just let me know.’”

My friend said most days she couldn’t process how she was going to get through the next ten minutes, much less be able to ask others for help. I was challenged by this and wondered how I could help someone in need without being asked.

I could deliver dinner. Gas up their car. Mow their lawn. Pick up an extra gallon of milk or some pet food from the grocery store. Whatever it is, I’ll just do it and I won’t wait to be asked. For more, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
The Bathtub is Overflowing But I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels:



2 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

This has me thinking about how I fell down a flight of steps last March. I had to get seventeen stiches in my nee and wasn't supposed to bend my knee. It was not easy to get up and move around and do too many things. I was sent emails from a few people from church who did say, "If there’s anything you need just let me know". Now I'm not the type of person to ask for help because I feel too much like a burden. I like your suggestion of just doing something to help. While I had stiches in my knee I managed but it would have been nice for someone to tell me they were coming over with a meal or to wash my hair for me or even to do some cleaning for me. Just to name a few things. I think if we know someone who is going through hard or difficult times we should be a blessing to that person in whatever way God leads us. For example if their is someone in your neighborhood who is not able to shovel the snow off their driveway go do it for them. I know they'll feel blessed by your thoughtfulness.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I over precise post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to review the intact story.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits