Imperfect Followers
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I know I’m not perfect. So why do I sometimes want others to be? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I want to live a life that pleases God. Not a plastic Christian life of religious checklists and pretense. That would be hypocritical. I want to live completely for Jesus. There have been others who’ve gone before me who desired this as well. I find myself fascinated by those heroes of faith who, despite their shortcomings, pleased God with their lives. But, sometimes I find their mistakes and wrongdoings a little unsettling. There’s a part of me that really wishes they would’ve been perfect so I could perfectly follow in their footsteps. But, God never called me to follow other people. Besides, it wasn't their perfect actions that delighted God. It was a desire to follow Him and stand up for the truth no matter what. For more encouragement log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Free devotion, Judge Not!, by Glynnis Whitwer

God’s Purpose For Every Woman a Proverbs 31 Ministries Devotional Book

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits