Nobody’s Perfect
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Someone criticized me this week and it really hurt my feelings! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. It also made me start doubting myself.When someone criticizes me as a mom, I doubt myself as a mom. When someone criticizes me as a friend, I doubt my ability to be a good friend. Ten people can say something nice but what I remember is that one person’s criticism.

I called my friend LeAnn for encouragement and with great wisdom she told me: "Renee, you’ll never be perfect. And if you ever get to where you are, you’ll be all alone!”

After we hung up, I prayed and asked God for His perspective, too. He reminded me that Jesus, the only perfect Person to walk this earth, was constantly criticized but He never doubted His calling. He depended only on His Father’s approval. Remembering this helped remove the sting of criticism and gave me hope. For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

Free devotion, It’s Nothing Personal, by Susanne Scheppmann

Visit Renee’s Blog

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits