Falling Forward
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I stood at the top of a beautiful mountain listening to my son, Joshua, beg me to ski down. Come on mom, it's not that bad. Watch me. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I finally went down and skied pretty well…until I had to stop! I hit a snowdrift, my skis flew up in the air, my neck jerked back, and my legs twisted like pretzels. I laid there in the snow trying to breathe, I thought: That’s it! No more skiing. I’m not risking another fall. It’s not worth it!

But then I sensed God whisper to my heart, "Renee, you’ll never experience all I have for you if you’re not willing to get up and try again." He was right. That day held so many family memories on the slopes that I would not have wanted to miss.

Isn’t it easy to give up when we get hurt? Imagine what we might be missing because we’re not willing to fall forward and trust God again. For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
A Love Worth Giving by Max Lucado

Free devotion, Because He Said So, by Rachel Olsen

Visit Renee’s Blog

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits