Are You a Petal Picker?
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

You know, there seems to be a fundamental need inside all women to be liked. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. We want other women to totally get us and walk away thinking we’re pretty neat. It’s like we carry around a miniature scale. On one side we put our coolness and, on the other side, our total dorkiness.

Put a group of us in a space to mingle for a while and when we leave I guarantee many of us will walk away playing that daisy petal game in our heads: “She likes me … she likes me not.”

I’ve had to choose to mentally set those thoughts aside. I’ve had to retrain my brain so God’s truths interrupt my negative thought patterns. I’ll look up and say, “God, You not only like me, You love me … and that’s enough.”
For more encouragement and inspiration log on to Proverbs 31.org where you can sign up for our free daily devotion or visit Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
P31 Magazine

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits