Embracing Who I Am
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I’ve decided to stop comparing my parenting skills with the seemingly perfect parents around me! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Ten years ago I sat in a seminar listening to a very organized mom talking about how she parented her kids. She was an amazing woman; a super mom! I looked at my feeble efforts and determined I stunk as a mother. I thought maybe if I went home and imitated her, I could enter the world of super moms. It didn't take long to become completely miserable.

I finally learned that I have the exact qualities God knew my kids would need in a mother. And while I still fall short at times, every day I ask God to make me the best version of me I can be. For more encouragement visit Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst

P31 Magazine

Visit Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits