No More Mommy Guilt
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I love a good girl night but sometimes I feel guilty for taking time to do something for myself, without my kids! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I usually try to talk myself out of feeling guilty, but the other day when I was feeling bad about planning a night out with friends, I realized there was a reason. I felt bad for being away from my kids because I hadn’t spent much time with them that week. Although I’d taken care of them by cooking and doing laundry, I’d been on the phone and computer a lot and hadn’t had very much face-to-face, quality time with them.

But, instead of feeling guilty, I decided to take action and plan some time to connect with my kids and hang out. That way I wouldn’t feel guilty later in the week when I went out for dinner and a movie with my friends. And I’d feel really good about the time I’d spent with my kids!
For more encouragement in your everyday perspectives, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Free devotion, This is Love, by Renee Swope

A Woman’s Secret to a Balanced Life by Lysa TerKeurst and Sharon Jaynes

Visit Renee’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits