Welcome Neighbor!
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

How many of us actually know our neighbors? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. These days it seems like families move all the time. I’ve noticed that my neighbors are constantly changing, and most of them don’t have friends or family in the area. So, the closest friend nearby is…me!

I remember what it was like to be new in town. It was lonely and everyone seemed too busy to need a friend. So, I’ve been looking for ways to make my neighbors feel welcomed. Here are some things I’ve done:

First, I acknowledge their presence by simply waving hello. Then a few days later I bring over a basket of cookies with a welcome note tucked inside. I include a list of our favorite nearby restaurants and phone numbers for those that deliver. Sometimes I leave a map of the neighborhood and recommendations for shopping, doctors and dry cleaners. And, oh yeah, I always try to smile when I see them. For more encouragement in your Everyday Life, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
A Yeah Day, free devotion by Wendy Pope

Visit Renee’s Blog

A Life That Says Welcome by Karen Ehman


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits