Friendship Fun
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I was talking to my friend, the Gourmet Chef, today. I call her that because she’s always making something wonderful! Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Two weeks ago it was Baklava. Last week, chocolate covered cherries. I thought those were only made in factories! And, today she was making something fancy with molasses. I said, “Oh yeah, I’ve got a tube of that!”

Obviously, my talents lie outside the kitchen. Sometimes I feel inadequate when I struggle in an area where others are gifted. But I’ve learned to stop beating myself up! I get advice from those who naturally excel in areas where I don’t. And, when I discover something I’m good at I can help someone else. Isn’t that the beauty of friendship? My friend, the Gourmet, often asks for my help with public speaking. And she’s taught me that Molasses comes in a jar and there are some yummy things that can be made with it. For more encouragement log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
The Friendships of Women, free devotion by Glynnis Whitwer

Traveling Together: Thoughts on Women, Friendship and the Journey of Faith by Karla Worley

Visit Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits