I Want What I Want!
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Ever heard your child say something like…I want what I want, when I want it? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Those were the words of three-year old Molly who was growing more determined every time her mom told her “no!” Boy can I relate! I want what I want, when I want it! And I’m not alone.

The Bible tells us of a woman named Sarah who wanted to have a baby. And, God promised to give her one. But Sarah was beyond child-bearing years so she decided to help God out by insisting that her husband have a child with her servant.

Well, Sarah eventually got what she wanted, but it wasn’t what she wanted after all! She was miserable and blamed it on her husband and her servant.

Sometimes we take things into our own hands because we think God can’t handle them, or at least not the way we want Him to. Today, let’s choose to trust God to give us what He wants, when He wants to. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
But Will It Make Me Happy, free devotion by Marybeth Whalen

Visit Renee’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits