The Principal’s Office
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Recently one of my kids got called to the principal’s office. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. This happened on the same day I was asked to speak at a national parenting conference. Go figure!

In my head, I was able to see the situation for what it was. My child is in the process of being shaped. She’s a sweet girl who made a not so sweet choice. However, in my heart I felt like a failure as a parent.

I talked to God about these feelings and asked Him to help me see this situation the way He wants me to see it. Not the way others see it. Not the way my heart is tempted to see it. And once again He reassured me that I am not a bad parent and my daughter’s not a bad kid. We are on a journey together. He is shaping her character and He has chosen me to help her. For more encouragement log on to Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst

P31 Woman Magazine


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits