Longing to be Heard
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Holly Good

Last week a friend called and asked me to please come to her house right away. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I had several things on my to-do list that day, but I chose to stop and take time to go help my friend.

On my way there I felt a little nervous because I had no idea what she was struggling with. I prayed and asked God for wisdom with my words, actions, and reactions.

When I finally arrived, we sat together and talked. Well, she talked and I listened. She talked about her recent issues and how she was coping. She talked about her feelings and how they were effecting the situation she was in. And she talked about the resolution to her problem.

On my way back home I couldn’t help but smile. All that my friend needed was a listening ear. She didn’t need my advice or a ready solution to her problem. She was simply longing to be heard.

For more encouragement visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

P31 Woman Magazine


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits