Grades
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

The other day I heard one of my daughters telling her friend that I don’t get all worked up over her grades. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. My child went on to explain that she is expected to do her best, but as long as she’s worked hard we’d be ok with whatever grade she got.

For the most part, this is correct. But that hasn’t always been the case. Over the years I have had to learn that God has a plan for my kids.

As their parent it is my job to guide them. But my guiding shouldn’t have the ultimate goal in mind of them making straight A’s. My guiding should be focused on leading them into a relationship with God where He will make their path straight, no matter what their grades are.

Of course working hard and being conscientious is important, but for me and my family, grades are not the ultimate determination of success. For more click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits