The Day I Almost Quit
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I’ll never forget the day I almost quit being a mom. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

It’d been such a hard day with two fussy toddlers! After I put them down for an early nap, I searched for pink construction paper so I could write “I QUIT” on it and turn in my “pink slip” when my husband got home!

Well, I couldn’t find the paper so I stood there crying. That’s when I told God,” I can’t do this. Being a mom is just too hard!”

I sensed Him whisper to my heart: “You’re right, Renee. In your own strength and with only your perspective, you can’t do this.” It was a new starting place for me. When I admitted to myself and God that I couldn’t, He reminded me that together “we” could! He showed me that with His strength and guidance, I could become the mom He created me to be, the mom my kids needed me to be, and the mom I wanted to be!

If you need some encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits