Little Flower
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Tracie Miles and Renee Swope

Does it seem like picking on each other is your kids’ favorite pastime? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. My friend Tracie was recently telling me how her children’s days can turn into one fight after another. After one very irritating morning of sibling rivalry, Tracie took her daughter aside and told her that her brother is like a little flower, and if she would water him with love all day long, instead of aggravating him, he would flourish, and his love for her would grow.

Tracie’s story got me thinking about the fact that my sons are also like flowers and I’m responsible for watering them with love everyday, so they can flourish and grow. My words are like seeds that take root in their hearts and blossom through their actions and attitudes. That gave me new motivation to be a good example in every area of my life, so all the little flowers in my home will bloom to their fullest potential. For more encouragement on nurturing your children, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Mining for Gold in the Heart of Your Child, by Renee Swope

Don’t Make Me Count to Three, by Ginger Plowman


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits