I Said “No”
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

Do you feel bad about telling your child no? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I must confess I’ve felt bad about saying no myself. The outfit my daughter wanted so badly but didn’t need. Those expensive concert tickets my son wanted that we couldn’t afford. I’ve decided that I’m going to stop feeling guilty about saying the word, “NO”. There’s no reason for our family to junk up another closet or go broke so my kids can be satisfied for a few hours or so before they move on to something else.

“No” is a word they’ll hear throughout their adult lives from other people. So they might as well learn how to handle hearing it now. Sometimes they’ll have to accept it without an explanation. Other times, I’ll use it as a teachable moment. As long as I balance it with enough yeses to keep their hearts from getting discouraged, hearing “No” can actually be good for my kids! For more thoughts on motherhood, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
The Bathtub is Overflowing, But I Feel Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst

Trust Me, by Wendy Pope - March 3, 2006, Devotion

Signed, Sealed & Delivered, by Glynnis Whitwer - June 20, 2006, Devotion

Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits