Fragrance of Life
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Tracie Miles

(Sniff) Mmmm. Don’t you love the smell of Gardenias? Hi I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries and it’s a good thing I love the smell of Gardenias because, when they’re around, you can’t avoid their strong aroma. Did you know each of also has an odor? I’m not talking about the way we smell after working out. I’m talking about the fragrance of our lives! Think about someone who’s always pleasant and smiles when you see her. This person seems to leave a beautiful fragrance in the air by bringing joy to those nearby. Now think of someone who’s allowed anger in her heart to make her bitter and selfish. Even if she’s wearing a designer perfume, she seems to leave behind a sour fragrance that makes you feel heavy hearted. So, I have to wonder, what kind of fragrance is my life leaving on others? If you’d like to learn more about how to have a joy in your heart that’ll flow from you like a sweet fragrance, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
A New Attitude, by Wendy Pope, April 6, 2006, Devotion

Attitude and Accessories, by Zoe Elmore, April 19, 2006, Devotion

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith, by Lysa TerKeurst


1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Renee...I love this!!! It reminded me of a story from my childhood.
If I was having an exam or test at school, before I left home in the morning, my Mom would pray with me and then put a little dab of perfume on my wrist. She would always say, "Now remember sweetheart, when you go to write your test, if you're feeling anxious, let the sweet aroma of this perfume remind you that I am praying for you." One day after I arrived at school, a friend was talking to me and she asked, "What's that lovely scent I smell?" Without hesitation I replied, "My Mother's prayers". She responded, "They sure do smell nice." Oh that our prayers would arise as a sweet smelling fragrance and that His life in us would attract many to stop and ask, "What is that lovely fragrance in your life?"
You, my friend, are an aroma of Christ in my life,
Joy

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits