Will it Make Me Happy?
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

How many times have I wanted something so badly - yet when I got it I realized, “Nope, this didn’t do it for me either?” Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. That house I wanted to move into so badly, that achievement I thought would bring success - sure, they brought me momentary happiness, but they didn’t fulfill me like I’d hoped. I’m learning that whenever I find myself begging God for something, with some whining, I have to step back and ask myself the question: But will it really make me happy? I know that whatever “it” is doesn’t have the power to bring me lasting happiness - that deep indwelling joy that only God’s love can bring. I am learning to push aside these momentary longings and desire God instead. To tell Him, “Here’s what I think I want, but I trust You to do what’s best for me.” For more Everyday Life perspectives visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
A Woman’s Secret To A Balanced Life, by Lysa Terkeurst & Sharon Jaynes

But Will It Make Me Happy?, Free Online Daily Devotion, June 7, 2007, by Mary Beth Whalen

Lysa’s Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits