Time Flies
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing writers: Jill Tracey

Why can’t time fly when I’m not having fun? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The other day I was running on the treadmill and was sure I’d been huffing and puffing for at least 15 minutes. When I checked the timer only five minutes had passed! I was so disappointed! Why does time go slowly when I’m exercising and fast when I’m talking on the phone, playing with my kids, or watching a good movie? I guess it’s true…time only flies when you’re having fun!

As I continued jogging, I started to wonder about my time with God. Does it fly by or drag on? Do I see reading my Bible and praying as things I have to do, or do I enjoy spending time with God? Honestly, it depends on the day. In any case, whether it’s easy or hard to get started, I do always feel better when I’m done, just like after my workout! For more encouragement, sign up for our free devotions at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Encouragement for Today FREE Email Devotions

Why Should I know God’s Word? Devotion by Melissa Taylor

Breathe by Kari Wyatt Kent


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits