He Hit Me
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Tracie Miles

“Mom! He hit me!” Hi I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries, and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard those words echo through the halls of my home. Not only is it aggravating, it breaks my heart to see my children fighting. It makes me wonder how my kids feel if they see my husband and me arguing or being mean to each other. Does it make them feel sad? Does it bring doubt in their hearts about our love for each other? Isn’t it easy to expect our kids to behave differently than we do? Listening to my children argue has shown me how important it is for my husband and me to be patient with each other, talk through problems and apologize openly for hurtful things we’ve said or done. After all, God has entrusted our children to us and given us the responsibility to show them what a loving Christian relationship looks and sounds like. If you’d like more information on how to strengthen your family, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Mining for Gold in the Heart of Your Child Character Chart and CD by Renee Swope
Building the Christian Family You Never Had by Mary DeMuth
“Do As I Do” by Kristy Tolley, May 24, 2006 Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits