Cooking Co-Op
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst & Amanda Waldroop

Is making dinner making you crazy? If so, I might have the perfect solution. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Recently I was exhausted from my kids complaining over my mystery casseroles – you know the ones topped with cheese and stale crackers from the pantry, so a friend introduced me to a cooking co-op. Not only has it saved me time in preparation, but it’s also decreased our monthly grocery bill and allowed me to offer a variety of meals to my family, which makes them very happy. Here’s how it works: Groups of three to five families form a co-op.Each night of the week one family provides a complete dinner for the other families and in turn receives meals the rest of the week. Each meal consists of a main entree and two side dishes. Co-op cooks meet quarterly to plan menus, weekly schedules and delivery times.Work out what’s best for you and the other families and happy eating! For more ideas, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
5 Star Living on a Two-Star Budget by Margaret Feinberg & Natalie Nichols Gillespie

“Connection Rituals”by Rachel Olsen

“Meal Swapping” by Trish Berg


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits