Tame Your Tongue
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Amanda Waldroop

If I had a dollar for every time I’ve lost control of my tongue and said the wrong thing, I’d be pretty rich! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. In the Bible, James, the brother of Jesus said that “no man (or woman) can tame the tongue.” So, I guess I’m not alone when it comes to having trouble mastering that little pink weapon inside my mouth.

In her book, 30 Days to Taming Your Tongue, Deborah Smith Pegues says, “The only hope for the tongue is the Spirit of God.” She also says our tongues need to be “brought into subjection by Him on a daily basis.” On the other hand, God gave us tongues to speak kindness to others – using words of blessing and encouragement with a gentle attitude. So let’s take our tongues to God every day before we start speaking and ask Him to help us control them and use them the way they were meant to be used. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resource:

"Unclean Lips” by Luann Prater, October 11, 2006 Devotion

30 Days to Taming Your Tongue by Deborah Smith Pegues

Proverbs 31 Encouragement for Today Devotions – Sign up Today


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits