Have a Plan
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

Day planners are NOT your enemy. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. After years of resistance, I’ve discovered that getting my schedule out of my brain and onto a calendar drastically reduces my stress.

Since it’s not realistic for me to say “yes” to every opportunity, planning ahead lets me practice the discipline of saying “no.” For example, I can only go to my office one day a week. While the ideal thing might be to go everyday, this is not the season for me to allow the office to be my main focus. Some days it’s my kids. Some days it’s a hurting friend. And some days it’s my husband. Saying “no” to some things allows me to place my energies where I’m needed the most. And, the white space left over allows for endless possibilities – including precious time for myself! For more time management ideas, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Living Life on Purpose book and workbook by Lysa TerKeurst

Give Mom A Minute”, November 2005, ETC Corner


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits