What Have I Done Wrong?
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

When my kids struggle in school, with friends, or with their behavior, my first thought is, ‘What have I done wrong as a parent?’

Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Do you do this too? Now, don’t get me wrong. It’s good to assess how we’re doing in our crucial role as parents. But, when this question comes in the form of a personal assault rather than a call to action over a specific area of improvement – it’s unhealthy. It can be defeating.

And a lot of times…we haven’t done anything wrong at all! Sometimes God is simply allowing something to happen in our children’s lives that’s just a little part of the bigger picture He’s painting. And, the Bible tells us that He always finishes what He starts! How comforting to know that God is always working for good not only in our lives but in our children’s lives as well!

For more encouragement log on to Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources
Who Holds the Key to Your Heart? by Lysa TerKeurst

Am I Messing Up My Kids? by Lysa TerKeurst

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits