Mommy Guilt Prevention
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I’m a better mom when I take time for myself but sometimes I feel so guilty it ruins my time away! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

There’s the guilt we feel when we leave our kids to do something for ourselves so we’ll be better moms when we get back.

Or there’s the guilt we feel when we’re grouchy moms because we haven’t been away from our kids since they were born!

Instead of feeling guilty for taking time for myself to go to a movie with friends, get away for a weekend with my husband or go to a coffee shop to read a book, I’ve started seeing my time away as guilt prevention. It prevents bad-mommy guilt for being grouchy with my kids because I need a break but felt too guilty to take one!

We moms need time for ourselves. Our kids will survive and we’ll enjoy them even more and feel renewed with energy and love after we’ve been away for a little bit.

For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Pre-order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31


Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits