Working from Home
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Glynnis Whitwer

Did you know that over 50 million people will work from their homes this year? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Many of us are now working from home, either telecommuting or running a home-based business.

Working at home can be great, but I also know it can be hard. I’ve found that for success, I first needed to set up a workspace outside my bedroom so at bedtime I’m not thinking about all the things I still have to do. Also, I invested in good desk and office equipment. The kitchen table worked for a while, but my back suffered because it’s not the right height for a keyboard. And, an accountant helped me figure out what expenses are tax-deductible.

I’ve learned to schedule separate times for work and home tasks so I don’t neglect either. And because I have kids, I also trade out play dates with other moms when I need uninterrupted work time. Working from home offers great freedom, but it also takes work to make it work! To learn more about working from home, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Check out our Resources at P31

Find more free encouragement on our Everyday Life page

Free devotion, Answering God’s Call to be Home, by Glynnis Whitwer

Work@Home by Glynnis Whitwer


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits