We Were Made to Crave
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I believe God made us to crave so we’d always desire more of Him. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

God made us to consume food but food was never supposed to consume us. In the Bible Jesus broke the vicious cycle of being consumed by cravings when He quoted God’s words. We can do the same thing! When we feel deprived and frustrated and consumed with wanting unhealthy choices, we can rely on the words we read in the Bible to help us.

Jesus, without hesitation, quoted truth from the Bible when He was tempted. Truth is powerful. The more we saturate our hearts with truth, the more we’ll be able to resist temptation and direct our cravings where they should be. To God and God alone. For a list of helpful Bible passages to quote when YOU’RE tempted, click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst


1 Comments:

Blogger HeyMom said...

I am planning to host a Made to Crave bible study in my home beginning 9/19/11. I covet your prayers for those whom God is prompting and calling to commit to this Bible Study...and for me as I "fascilitate" it. I received the magnets today and will print out the weekly words. I would appreciate any other guidance or resources you have for facilitators. I have purchased a book and a participants guide and also have the DVD. The DVD I borrowed from a friend who completed the study in a small group. Wasn't sure if I am missing something that came with the DVD for use by the leader. Thank you!

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits