Honoring My Husband
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

The Bible says wives should honor their husbands, but I haven’t always understood why. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

When I got married fifteen years ago, I took the words “honor and obey” out of my vows. I was afraid I couldn’t keep that promise. But I’ve discovered that I can, and I want to!

The other day I was reading about Esther in the Bible. Esther was chosen by the King to be his new wife because his first wife had dishonored him. The king’s advisers insisted that he remove the Queen from her throne. They were afraid that her decision to dishonor the King would influence other wives in the kingdom to dishonor their husbands.

You know, the way we treat our husbands really does influence others! It influences the kind of woman our son will marry. It influences the way our daughter will speak to her husband. And it influences how a friend might talk to her husband after hearing how we talk to ours.

For more marriage encouragement visit Proverbs31 Ministries, at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

Visit Renee’s Blog

Words of Life or Death, Free devotion by Melanie Chitwood

The Man Whisperer: Speaking Your Man’s Language to Bring Out His Best by Rick Johnson

Capture His Heart by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits