Are My Kids Getting It?
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Sometimes I wonder if my kids really get what my husband and I are trying to teach them. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

The other day, my thirteen year old said that his youth group leader asked the kids to share ideas about making good use of their time for God. Joshua said that he’d shared about how his dad takes time at lunch to do a Bible study with some people at work.

I couldn’t help but smile knowing that things my husband had shared with Joshua were making a lasting impact.

You see, for years JJ’s taken time to read the Bible or a book with co-workers who don’t have a relationship with God in hopes that it’ll start conversations about Jesus. By simply telling Joshua about his day and ways he uses his time, JJ had shown our son how to make the most of his time for God. And Joshua got it! He caught what was being taught and now HE was sharing it with others.

For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Mining for Gold in the Heart of Your Child (CD & Character Chart) by Renee Swope

A Cup of Cold Water, Free devotion by Renee Swope

Busy Mom’s Bible: Daily Inspiration Even if You Only Have One Minute

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits