My Hero
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Over a period of two weeks my son Andrew fractured his hand, got poison ivy, watched someone drive over his skateboard, and he woke up with a high fever on the day of his class party! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The amazing thing is that through it all Andrew had a great attitude!

When we dropped off plates and napkins for his "party" at school, his eyes did get a little misty because he was missing the fun. So, I held his hand and told him how much he’d inspired me with his amazing attitude despite all he'd been through. I told him I’d been struggling with feeling overwhelmed and had noticed him choosing to find something to smile about – which reminded me of Jesus. Once again, Andrew smiled.

Ya know, our kids need to know we’re not the only ones with lessons to teach but that we learn great things from them. Is there something your child has done to inspire you? Why not tell them today!

For more parenting encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

My Hero! , Free devotion by Renee Swope

Mining for Gold in the Heart of Your Child (CD and Character Set) by Renee Swope

Love Notes in Lunchboxes by Linda Gilden


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits