The Heart of Your Child
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst with Amanda Waldroop

Do you ever find yourself being critical of your child? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. One of the hardest truths I’ve confronted is my need for perfection from my kids. Why do I want them to be perfect? Well, if I’m honest, it’s because I think it reflects on me as their mother. As a result, I sometimes overlook efforts put forth by my kids if things don’t meet my standards.

When I lay my self-centeredness aside, my children’s insecurities often disappear and they display courage I didn’t know they had. My kids feel more secure when they know I have connected with them on a heart level.

Practice focusing on the heart of your child. Dig past the stuff on the outside. Encourage them. Ask questions. Pray with them and listen. I bet you will begin to really hear their hearts.
For my ideas on being a good mom, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Am I Messing up My Kids?...and Other Questions Every Mom Asks by Lysa TerKeurst

Mining for Gold in the Heart of Your Child, Chart and CD by Renee Swope

Be Your Child’s Greatest Cheerleader, a free devotion by Van Walton


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits